Basic instructions for setting up email on a smart phone:
1. The incoming server should be mail.noeca.net
2. The protocol should be IMAP
3. The port should be 143
4. The security setting should be none
5. The username should be your full email address
6. The outgoing SMTP server should be mail.noeca.net
7. The SMTP port should be 587
8. The security setting should be none
9. Authentication is required to send, using your full email address and your webmail password
How to Change SMTP port on your iPhone/iPad/iTouch:
1. touch/open "Settings" icon.
2. touch/open "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
3. on accounts, choose the account you wish to change the port for.
4. touch/open "account <your email>"
5. touch/open "SMTP" under "outgoing mail server".
6. touch/open your "primary server".
7. on the bottom, touch/open "server port"
8. change the port from "25" to "587".
9. touch/open "done".
If the ports are correct, email security is set to none, you are using mail.noeca.net for BOTH servers and you are using your full email address as the user name and you still can’t get email to work, you might be using an incorrect password or you may not have network connectivity. Availability of settings and the way the email interface is worded varies from phone to phone. You may need to consult your cell phone provider to find out how to access certain settings that may be buried deep within the user interface of your phone. In any case, please feel free to call us and we will try to walk you through.